Recipe // Marshmallow Fondant

I wanted to show you guys how to make the easiest fondant recipe and when I say easy I mean, it's the easiest thing ever! I don't normally cover cakes that I make in fondant because it was always a hassle to make, roll out, and hope like hell it doesn't split the second you lay it over your cake. However with this marshmallow fondant recipe, I might just start using it for cakes more often. It's the tastiest fondant I've ever had and the easiest to work with.

Ingredients needed:
1 16 ounce bag mini marshmellows
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbl melted butter
1 2lb bag powdered sugar

Melt your marshmallows over the stove, stirring occasionally until melted all the through. Or for a quick melt, nuke um in the microwave. Use a wooden spoon that has been sprayed with Pam or butter to scoop the mallow fluff out of the pot and into a large bowl. Add vanilla and butter and give it a good stir. Start adding the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until it begins to form a solid ball (about half way through, it's easier to just start using your hands).Cover a surface in powdered sugar and take your ball out. Begin kneading the dough for about 5 minutes, adding more powdered sugar if sticky. 

Wrap in plastic and store in your fridge for a few hours or over night for next day use. Otherwise, wrap in plastic in a freezer storage bag and store in the freezer up to a few months. When ready to use, take out and let it come back to room temperature. 



<3

3 comments

Sarah {Limited Space Organizing} said...

If I made this I'm pretty sure it would never end up on the cake because I'd eat the entire thing!

-Sarah

The Langlois Family said...

Great instructions. I think I could do this!

Unknown said...

I think you should bring some to work for your favorite co-worker! What a nice thing to do to brighten "her" day (monday 5-130)! Lol

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.