frozen strawberry lemonade


One of my favorites things to drink during summer is the frozen strawberry lemonade from McDonalds. I absolutely love the citrus and sweetness of the drink and it is so refreshing on hot summer afternoons. Yesterday I made a pitcher of lemonade and in popped the thought of making it a frozen lemonade. I threw it in the blender and then realized how even more amazing it would be to add strawberries. So I did. YUM!!

Ingredients needed:

-pitcher of lemonade
-lemon juice
-fresh strawberries
-ice

1. Mix up your pitcher of lemonade. I used Country Time lemonade and just followed the directions. If you want to make it from scratch, be my quest!

2. Take out your blender and puree a handful of strawberries (cut off the stems first!). Pour the mixture into your glass and give the blender a quick rinse. Next blend together the lemonade, ice, and lemon juice. Use as much lemon juice as you want to get the citrusy taste you like.

3. Pour the frozen lemonade mix on top of the strawberry puree. Swirl and enjoy!



2 comments

jes @ twosmuppies said...

YUM YUM YUM. these are my favorites.

Brittany said...

Good idea! I love getting them from McDonald's on hot days. Save some money making your own,

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.