Recipe // Copy Cat- Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade



Ingredients Needed:
Tazo Passion Tea (bought mine at Starbucks)
Lemonade
Simple Syrup: sugar and water

I made the simple syrup that is needed and this contains a simple mixture of 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. I found this syrup recipe from another blogger that tried a different rendition of this drink. All you have to do is bring the sugar and water to a boil and cook for about a minute until all the sugar is dissolved. Throw in the fridge to cool and it'll magically become a syrup!



Next, boil 13 cups of water (or however big the pitcher you are using is). Meanwhile, open your tea box, cut the strings off and plop the bags into your container. When the pot of water comes to a boil, pour over the tea bags and let steep 7-10 minutes.


After about 10 minutes take out the bags with a spoon and squeeze the extra flavor out between 2 spoons or just let it drip out.

Stick the pitcher in the fridge and let it cool. Now go do something cool, like eating or watching a romantic movie like I did. Whatever floats your boat. I actually left it in there overnight and mixed everything in the morning.


Then after a while, the tea is finally cold enough to start mixing! I happened to have gotten myself a Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks yesterday afternoon, so I used that to get the exact measurements. Fill the tea to the second line and then the lemonade to the third line. I went a little over because I really like the lemonade taste. You can change the ratio however you like.

I then added about 2 Tbl of the simple syrup and gave it a good mix. Throw in your ice and you're good to go! Something in the store that they do that I didn't is shake it all together to get the foam on the top. I couldn't find a container to shake it in so I just skipped it. But you can shake it like polaroid picture and get the fancy foam on top if you like.


All done and ready to be drank. nom nom nom.

My drink came out a little bit stronger than how Starbucks makes them, so I make put less tea and more lemonade in next time. But overall, it's equally delicious.

I made enough of this drink to probably last me a few weeks for about $10. A 20 oz one from Starbucks goes for $4 each. Making it yourself not only saves you a whole bunch of cash, but it also makes you feel like a fancy drink mixer dude (whatever they are called).

Hope you enjoy it, if you try it out let me know!!

<3

25 comments

Katherine said...

This stuff is my favorite! I love the idea of making it yourself - you could even do a single serve version with this.

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I love Passion iced tea!!! I'm so doing this. THANK YOU!

Elizabeth said...

i love this, i will definitely try it!

and they're actually called barista! haha :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! I've been addicted to their iced black and green teas and found out that you can order the commercial sized tea bags from the Starbucks website or Amazon if you like to make a lot at once :)

Courtney Cakes said...

I'm totally making this.

Meighan said...

hey! love your blog! I nominated it for the Liebster award. All the details are on my blog, heavenstomeighan.blogspot.com

Eloquent Obi said...

Neat! Newest follower here and I LOVE candy too! Copy Cat recipes are pretty awesome. Sure does make you feel all fancy and like a "chef". My blog: http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

mmmm those are my favorite!! I will have to try it out

Taylor said...

awesome! This is one of my fave drinks at Starbucks; can't wait to try it!

Jenny said...

Are the tea bags decaff? Because when you get the drink form Starbucks it doesn't have any caffeine in it. I would love to make it at home, but I don't drink caffeine.

Stephanie said...

They also sell passion tea made for iced tea in 2 l pitchers so you don't have to waste a whole tin of tea. :)

Anonymous said...

I would just buy the larger packets that they sell in the store (so that you don't use as many of them). That being said, as a former barista, this is pretty much the same recipe.

Anonymous said...

@jenny, yes, all Passion teas are decaf.

Anonymous said...

How many tea bags do you use!?

Anonymous said...

Starbucks uses newman's own lemonade, if you want it to be really authentic.

Anonymous said...

I made some and really enjoy having at home. My kids even love this stuff. I modified the recipe a little. Instead if mixing per cup. I made my tea and added 1 cup sugar to dissolve when warm still. Let it cool and add whole container of lemonade ad then I pour into containers

Brandi said...

Favorite drink at Starbucks! I made the syrup last night. I am hoping to make the tea portion tonight. :) This way I can bring it to work with me. I am excited to see how it comes out!

Anonymous said...

As a current Sbux barista I would tell you to only steep the tea for 5 minutes. Plus we add equal parts water to dilute it. That is why yours came out so strong.

Jodi said...

Next time you put one together could you measure the amts of tea and lemonade. I don't have a cup at home :(. Can't wait to try it!

Andrea said...

I found this recipe on pinterest. Very excited to try it because my husband loves this tea. I'm also happy to be your newest follower. When you have a chance come by and check out my blog www.questfordelish.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Starbucks/tazo is also selling the Passion tea loose, so you can make any size... if you want your tea right away you can use half the water you normally would and then pour that over an equal amount of ice. I usually do mine unsweetened.

Patricia Potts said...

Thanks for the info. I tried this for the first time today but the barista put in too much ice. My kids drank most of it and I was sad. Also, I figure making my own will save $$.

Kevin Walls said...

Oh wow. This will be a great drink to serve at get togethers, or on movie nights with friends. It’s easy enough to do, though I’d have to prepare them a day before, I guess. Anyways, your post was a great find!

Kevin

Unknown said...

How many tea bags do you use when you steep the tea bags?

Unknown said...

How many tea bags do you use when you steep the tea bags?

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.