Recipe // Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

About week ago, Chris came down with a pretty bad cold and I was getting the start of one. I decided to go visit and take care of the man, because I love him and that's what couples do. For dinner I wanted to make a big ol' bowl of chicken noodle soup. I usually leave that kind of recipe to my mother, because before I did it myself I always thought soup was a super difficult thing that took hours on end. 

I was wrong. Soup is so incredibly easy. Now I for sure know that I'll be able to feed myself when I move out one day. Be proud mom, be proud. 

Anywho, back to cooking. I looked at a bunch of other chicken soup recipes to see what others put in theirs and came up with my own. It turned out amazing and I'm definitely going to keep this recipe in the books for a later date. My favorite part was the noodles that we used.

For Christmas, Chris' brother got me cat shaped noodles and he also got Chris soccer shaped ones. They were pretty cool and made the soup taste that much better. Except for the fact that the soccer shoes looked more like penises than shoes when they were cooked. It was a little uncomfortable, but they still tasted good. 

Onto the recipe! 

Ingredients needed:
2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Celery Stalks
3 Carrot stalks
1/2 White Onion
Salt and Pepper
1 lb Chicken, cut into cubes
Noodles (preferably not penis shaped ones)
2 quarts Chicken Stock (this is about a medium sized box)
2 cups water
1 packet of Chicken Noodle Soup Seasonings (you can find these at Walmart near the spices, they're awesome)



Start by cutting everything up into nice and tiny cubes. Add the olive oil to a pot and heat over medium heat. Add the vegies and cook for about 10 or so minutes until they begin to get soft.


Add the whole box of chicken stock and a couple cups of water. The soup absorbed a lot of the water when it was done, so I added a couple more cups of water to keep it juicy. Meanwhile, cut and cook the chicken in a separate pan until done. Add to the pot of soup and bring to a boil. Then add the seasoning packet and stir until thoroughly distributed.  

I didn't really time how long I let it boil. Maybe about 25-30 minutes. Pretty much until everything was hot and cooked all the way through. We each ate a huge bowl and had it with some fresh bread from the bakery. It was a great meal to make you feel better when you got snot running down your nose.



We ended the night with cuddles on the couch and a good game of Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64. It was awesome.

If you try out the soup, let me know how you like it!!

<3

2 comments

Allison Leighann said...

I actually may try this! It looks delicious!
And the last picture is adorable.

Good for you for still having a Nintendo 64. I still have mine too. (:

allisonleighann.blogspot.com

Allison Leighann said...

Also, just letting you know that i nominated you for an award! if you'll head over to my blog, you can see it. (:

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.