let's play a game

No, not that kind of game. I'm not into making you kill other people to survive. And I hate puzzles, so I would never refer to myself as Jigsaw.

I was doing some major cleaning of the room today and snapped this picture...



How many cat things can you find in this pile of a mess?

My room looks like that because today I tried out a few cleaning tricks I read on Pinterest the other day that both used baking soda. The first trick I tried was using baking soda to clean out that black gunk that builds up in bathroom sink drains. I don't know if your drain gets as bad as mine does, but sometimes that thing can be pretty nasty.

So I dumped some baking soda down that little black hole and boiled some water. I then dumped that down the drain and waited 10 minutes. Then I was suppose to dump bleach down the drain. I got a flashlight to see if it actually cleaned it out and when I stuck the light down there, fail. The gunk was still there. It smell good, but it was still gunky. So that didn't work out.

The next trick I used baking soda to clean my mattress. Not that my mattress was epically dirty or anything but after watching Infested and seeing this family deal with bed bugs, I got all itchy inside. So I thought what the heck!? I tore everything off and washed my sheets. While washing, I sprinkled (which ended with me just dumping it) all over my mattress and let it sit for an hour.

I then vacuumed the baking soda up and viola! My mattress smelt good as new. I guess the baking soda was suppose to soak up any moisture and bad smells that were in the mattress and kill off any bacteria or bed mites that might be lying around.

Conclusion to the cleaning story, I feel much cleaner sitting in my bed then I did yesterday.

Goodnight,
<3

3 comments

Allison Leighann said...

Is it sad that I automatically thought of the Saw movies when I saw the title of this post? Haha. I watch toooo many scary movies.

In any case, I'm glad the mattress thing worked! I may try that with mine soon. I love finding out new tricks like that!

Unknown said...

I love the title of this post.

That is all. =)

Anonymous said...

Hahah! Laughing so hard over all the cat things, and then you see an actual cat. So good! Excited to come across your blog, its so cute!

Hailey Devine
www.somethingdevineblog.com

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.