Recipe // Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

This past week was my spring break and I spent the whole thing not in sunny Florida laying on the beach, but instead in a cold apartment with a handsome fella (and very warm which makes up for the cold apartment). We didn't do a darn thing all week and I loved it! Probably the only outing we had was when we went to go see Sliver Linings Playbook, which was surprisingly not as good as I thought it would be. It was really weird actually. I loved J-Law in though, as always (big girl crush). 

Anywho, Tuesday night I made a new recipe for dinner that I have been dying to try out! I also got to use my crock pot that I've been hoarding with all my other "one day I might move out" things. And like all the other recipes I showcase on here, it was the simplest thing I've ever made. I think crock pots have become my new favorite cooking accessory. Their genius! 

So let's stop chatting and get into it already!!


Ingredients Needed:
-about 4-6 chicken breasts
-1 taco seasoning packet
-1 jar or salsa

1. Cover the bottom of the crock pot with chicken.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
3. Top it off by pouring the salsa over everything. Cover and cook 6 hours on low.

Shred the chicken before serving. It literally just falls apart so a few quick stirs with a fork should do it. Serve with Mexican rice and your favorite taco toppings. Oh and don't forget the Jarritos to make it a full on Mexican fiesta!


It's super yummy and so much flavor comes out of such little ingredients. Do be careful eating, because it can be quite messy. I had to sit really close to the table after dropping chicken on the floor several times. Enjoy!



The rest of the night Chris was at work and I spent the night cuddled up on the couch watching vampires and youtube videos. Typical Kelly night. The week went by way to fast and I wish I didn't have to go back to school today, but life must go on! Anyone else who had spring break this past week knows the feeling I'm having right now. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and good luck to everything you do this week!


<3

3 comments

Melodie said...

I've made these before! They are sooo good!! Crockpots are the most genius things ever invented! :)

Chelsea said...

I love cooking with our slow cooker - I think we'll have to try this recipe. Have you ever tried to make your own taco seasoning? It's really delicious and a cheaper than buying those packages!

Unknown said...

This I have to try! I've been using my crockpot so much more now. I need some in all different sizes! -Jessica L

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.