Remember seeing those heart shaped bath bombs in the giveaway yesterday? Well if not, 1. you should go enter and 2. keep reading because I'm going to show you how to make those cute little fizzies of love. I've been slowly accumulating everything for this project and got so excited when my last piece (the citric acid) was dropped off in the mail.
I read so many different tutorials for bath bombs because I didn't want to screw it up. I was very happy at when I finished and I didn't fail. These bath bombs smelt so good and I can't wait to use a couple in a bath!
Also, I apologize if you're getting sick of that lace bed sheet background. That room has the best light and I don't have a lot of options. I'm working on my creative photography skills. :)
Alright, to the DIY!
-Citric Acid (bought mine from here you can buy all different sizes)
-Essential oil ( I used Sweet Pea )
-Plastic Heart Mold
-Type of oil ( I used Moroccan Argan Oil, olive oil will work too )
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until blended. Mix together wet ingredients in a jar until blended.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients slowly while whisking together. Stir together for several minutes. Some people put the wet ingredients into a spray bottle to be extra careful, but I simply just poured it in from the bowl.
3. When the mixture begins to clump into your hands without completely falling apart, it's done.
4. Begin filling your molds. Do it little by little and pack down as much as possible. They will hold together better this way. I used a spoon, your fingers will work too. Pop the molds out onto a baking sheet lined with a soft towel and waking paper. Let the fizzies dry for about a day or 2, flip them after the first day.
5. Either wrap them up for gifts or throw them straight into your tub for a spa day of your own.