Recipe // Cheesy Rigatoni Bake

Almost every weekend I go to visit Chris I bring along one or two new recipes that I really want to try. Chris becomes my guinea pig and I get to finally use those hundreds of recipes I've pinned. We're all happy. This weekend was no different. While at work one very slow night, I grabbed the new Taste of Home magazine and began to flip through it. I usually always stop on the pasta recipes and write them down because they just look so darn good.

I found this Rigatoni Bake recipe and really wanted to try it. Simple and quick, always my cup of tea. However, it did look a little flavorless to me while reading so I knew I wanted to add some more things to it. My new favorite thing for cooking are those pre-made season packets they sell in the baking aisle, they're like awesomeness in a tiny little packet. They add so much flavor and have a choice for almost anything you're making. Try them, now. 

And so, I made the pasta dish and it turned out amazing. So good and let me tell you, you will never eat more cheese in a pasta dish then with this one. It is a must try if you're as big as a nut about pasta as I am. With the extra seasonings and chicken, it is a mouthful of goodness. Check it out my amigos!

x
Ingredients needed:
1 box of rigatoni pasta
2 Tbl butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup flour
4 eggs, beaten
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 grated Pamesan cheese
2 large chicken breasts, shredded
1 chicken and pasta seasoning packet (or use seperate seasonings)

1. Cook pasta. Then in a saucepan, melt butter. Add salt, milk, and water and stir. Gradually stir in the flour until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce has become thick.
TIP: the original recipe says to add the flour in with the butter, before the milk and water. I found this to be a complete clumpy mess and redid it adding the flour last. Works a lot better!

2. In another pan, cook chicken until done and shred into stripes. Pour the 2 cans tomato sauce over the chicken and stir in the seasoning packet.

3. Drain pasta and pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Pour the beaten eggs over the pasta and give it a good stir. Next, pour the tomato and chicken sauce over the pasta, followed by the milk sauce. Cover the dish in cheese.

4. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.

<3

2 comments

Miranda said...

yummy! i'll have to try it out! i pretty much want to try any kind of pasta recipe. I wish carbs weren't so bad for you :)

Helene said...

wow this looks delicious!! all of my fave foods rolled into one!

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.