BBQ Crusted Chicken and Parmesan Knots

I visited Chris a few weekends ago for an early Valentine's Day and I tried out a new recipe to make up a nice dinner for him. After having a nice meal, we went to an awesome hockey game and just bummed all weekend. You can check it out here. I told you guys that I would give you the recipe for the chicken and the parmesan knots that I made, so today I'm finally getting around to it and givin' out the goodies.

 I want to mention how difficult and interesting it was to bake something in Chris' oven. He and his friend live in an apartment and they must have gotten the one place with the million year old oven, because that thing just deserves to be in the dump. When you turn it on, the heat just keeps rising and rising and never stops. So while making the chicken, I had to sit there for 30 minutes waiting for it to reach 375 degrees and then shut it off until it went back down to 350 degrees, then turn it on again. The chicken turned out great, but I still have a huge hatred towards that oven.

Barbecue Crusted Chicken
(this is by far the easiest chicken recipe I know of)

Ingredients:
2/3 cup Dijon-mayo blend
6 cups barbecue potato chips
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts 

1. (and the only step) Cover the chicken in the mayo blend first then in the chips, making sure to evenly cover. Throw in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes


 Parmesan Knots

I got this recipe through Pinterest and it's another amazing delicious and easy things to make (which I'm a huge fan of!) 

Ingredients:
1 tube Pillsbury bread sticks
1/4 cup canola oil
3 Tbl. Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes

1. Tie each bread stick into a knot and tuck the ends under.

2. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

3. Combine the remaining ingredients and brush the warm knots with the mixture. 


yeah, nothing ever looks like it does on Pinterest. But it still tasted just as good!

Happy Thursday everyone,
hang in there, it's almost the weekend!

xo, k

No comments

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.