Kopy Kat- Bottle Cap Table

Just wanted to give you a guys a little update on a project I've recently been working on. I've had a box full of bottle caps sitting in my closet from the days of wanting to make jewelry with them. That phase of my life lasted for about two weeks until I got bored with it. that phase as made its way back in and I needed to find something to do with them. This is what became of it...

Disclaimer: I am by NO means a drunk. My parents collected these bottle caps for me from the local bar that their friend owns.

Inspiration: 
photo via CultModern

photo via Pinterest

photo via Pinterest 

Outcome:

My grandpa made a table for my mom that I ended up taking and painting black to match my room. I thought it needed a little jazzing up so I used the bottle caps to cover the plain black sides and add a little pop!



My glue gun broke about half way through doing the other side so I still have a bit to go on that side. I also need to find a way to cut the caps in half that hang off the side. Any ideas? Do you think just a plain saw would work?

Happy Thursday everyone!!

xo, k


5 comments

Alissa said...

I love your "I'm not a drunk" disclaimer. It looks great! I have no advice on how to cut off the parts that hang off the side. I would try a saw!

Brittany said...

that is pretty cool. i like it! now if only i could every get the patience and motivation to try it :)

Susie said...

This is such a cute project! I love that you put you are by no means a drunk haha like someone else commented I wish I had as much patience as you to make this!

Samantha said...

Hi! So glad you found my blog - Us Wisconsinites have to stick together, because you're right... there are not alot of Wisco bloggers out there!

Love this little DIY project! I'm always looking for new ones to try!

I am also your newest follower!

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I would suggest leaving the bottle caps hanging off the sides. It gives the piece character, but it looks great!! Very creative.

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.