Project Gone Wrong

Do you ever that project that you think is such a great idea and can't wait to try it out and then when you do, it turns out to be a piece of garbage? Well a while back, I came across this beautiful art piece that came from Char, quest blogging on Jen's Tatortots and Jello (woah   links!) I absolutely loved it and really wanted to try one out for myself. Me and my friend, Bria grabbed some old paintings that we didn't like anymore and went to work. 

The project was going great, we were doing all the steps perfectly and having a blast. I believe it started going downhill around the time I started putting plaster on my canvas for a more "textured" look. Overall, the project was a big fail on my part (Bria's turned out great). I didn't like the finished look at all and I'm still determining whether I want to try and save it or just rip the canvas off and start over.

I thought I would show you guys some of the pictures I took of us just for kicks. Enjoy!




If you are wondering what the heck I was going for, I wanted two silhouettes of cats on there. Here's what the finished work looked like. blehh :(


I'm just not okay with how it turned out at all. There's a lot of things wrong with it. So what do you think? Save it or scrap it? If you have any brilliant ideas that could make this work of crap amazing, let me know!!

Do any of you have any projects gone wrong? 

Happy Tuesday everyone! 
I'll be enjoying this beautiful weather that Wisconsin has decided to bless us with today. 

xo, k

1 comment

Alissa said...

If you're not happy with it, you're always going to look directly at what bothers you about it, and be mad. I'm not crafty at all, so if I did that, I would feel pretty damn good about myself haha ...so I think you should keep it!

I saw a pin for bracelets you make using soda can tabs and ribbon. I tried doing it last Saturday and gave up in about 5 minutes.

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.