anywhere in the world...


Everyone has that one place in the world that they would love to live. The one place where they see all their dreams coming true. Recently, Chris has been talking about studying abroad for a few weeks this coming winter in London and Paris. Let just say, If he goes, I'll be completely jealous. It got me thinking about how much I've always wanted to go to Europe. Seriously, who doesn't? It's fricken' Europe. 


I love Wisconsin, but if I could get up and leave right this second, I'd go to Florence, Italy. I've been in love with all of Italy forever. The movie Under the Tuscan Sun fascinated me and has now become my dream destination. Anyone else share this passion for that movie? Diane Lane was my biggest girl crush for the longest time. Please join me while I take you through my life when I one day move to the ever so beautiful, Italy. 

x
I would live in a beautiful old villa like this one. I would have grape vines draping over my stone walls and I would pick them in late July, eating more of them then I should. My backyard garden would remind me of stepping into a fairy tale with my blossoming flowers and all the butterflies that would visit. This villa would be all mine and I would call it home. 

x
I would visit my friends who live in towns like this one. We would sit on the balcony and watch the waves crash against the stones while drinking the wine we bought earlier in the town below. 

x
Places like this little store would be my go-to shop for fresh veggies and fruits every morning to eat for breakfast or have for dinner later in the night. I would become close friends with the old married couple who owns it and we would talk of our weekends while they showed me their newest selections and laugh at me, because I didn't understand a thing they said. 

x
I would complain and yell at Italian architectures for making a walkway like this one just to get down to the water. And then complain even more because I would have to walk back up it. 

x
I would fall in love at a place like this. Marchello (yes, I have a name for my future Italian lover) and I   would return every year to take a gondola ride around the river and reminisce in how we met.  

x
And every day I would come home to this handsome devil, because I have to have cat every where I go. :)

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Happy Thursday everyone!

5 comments

April said...

Just found your blog. Those houses are amazing! And I feel the same exact way about my cat. Too precious! :)

jessica said...

I knew exactly how you felt- so i moved to Europe to work as an au pair. Let's just say, Europe is amazing, but the job, not so much LOL! If you want something bad enough, you'll make it happen :) being away, however, has made me realize how much i miss home.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

Unknown said...

Great pictures! You make me jealous haha jk. I want to go there someday.

Kris said...

I completely share in your obsession over the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" and Italy! I went a few years ago and fell in love with the place, it's what made me want to be an art history major. Right now though, if I couldn't travel someone I'd never been it would be Ireland! Hopefully someday soon :)

Aspiring Kennedy said...

Save up your pennies and move to Europe. It's one life decision you will not regret. Who could be unhappy living in the Italian countryside?

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.