The Guy in the Flower Cap


Let's talk about uncomfortable situations today. We've all had them and I somehow get in the middle of them every day of my life. I've worked in customer service jobs since I was about 16 and I've dealt with a whole crop of nasty and weird ass people. but it wasn't until I started working where I work now that I've had to deal with the pervyiest men ever, more so pervy old men. Enjoy :)

So the story begins one night while I was working and this older gentleman comes walking into the store. I thought, oh how cute, he's wearing a hat covered in flowers. I was wrong, he was not cute, he was disgusting, rude, and vial. But we will get to that. This was the first time meeting this old man and I guess he was a regular because everyone knew him (thanks for the warning guys, not).

I was standing behind the counter and he comes walking around and sits right in front of him. I politely ask is he needs anything or if I could get someone to help him out. I don't really remember how the conversation went exactly but it quickly turned to him hitting on me and asking me out for drinks. I was 18 at the time and he was way beyond 60 years old. I don't know about you, but that's not really my thing. I blankly starred at him like I thought he was kidding and gave one of those fake laughs that we all do in uncomfortable situations. But he was down right serious.

He continued to tell me how pretty I was and how much he would love to take me out and the situation was getting pretty damn creepy. I was down there all by myself with this old dude hitting on me. I couldn't leave the register so I was stuck there trying to be as nice as possible to this freak when in reality I wanted to flip him the finger and stomp on his stupid flower cap.

The creepiest part is when he put his hands on mine (I had them sitting on top of the counter) and he then started to rub them with his thumb. Are you freaking kidding me!? I had enough at the moment and quickly took my hands away and asked him very sternly if I can get anyone to help him. I think he finally got the drift and just walked away. I soon found out that he went up front and started to do the same damn thing to another girl I worked with. Just gross.

I've worked retail for quite a few years but have never been in a more uncomfortable situation as that one. I can handle creepy old men saying weird shit to me but don't touch me. Just don't. If only I could have said what  I wanted to say, but if I had, I probably would've been fired.

No comments

© hello, it's kelly
Design:Maira Gall.